Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

A day in the life

Last Sunday I brought my camera along to take pictures of the garden. But of course I couldn't resist snapping some of Juliette. Most of the time it's hard to get her to stand still. And when I take a look at what I've shot her hat is covering most of her face.



But I keep on snapping away and sometimes, despite the sun nearly obliterating my view of the screen, I get some good ones.


Here you see her "house" made of a big cardboard box that we cut a door and shutters out of. It suits her fine so I don't think we'll be spending 200 euros on some plastic thing anytime soon. Though a cute wood cabin might be nice one day.


The oilseed rape plants are in flower. That's the plant used to make canola oil. The farmers who've got fields around Remi's greenhouses decided to plant that this year. Of course we had to take advantage of all that gorgeous yellow for some photo ops!


Next to her French grandma's border of bulbs (and she still wouldn't let go of her juice bottle).


Washing the garden chairs with papa.


"Driving" the car as we loaded it up to go to great grandpa's.


Putting her special stuffed animal in a mini-chair at great grandpa's house.


Dozing in the car on the ride home (since she didn't really nap correctly in the afternoon). All in a day's work for a toddler.

3 comments:

Jenenz said...

What a cutie! After a nice juice, gotta hope in the car and drive. Cardboard boxes are the best toys ever. Spring looks so beautiful in France. Sigh.

Lindle said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!! You captured Juliette's day so well. I especially love how she carefully places her Dou-toy in the chair. Too cute! She only grows more precious each day. Can't wait to see her (and you) again.

Kaylia Payne said...

She is such a little cutie :)