But speaking of feeding, this post is actually about a recipe. And one that requires a tiny bit of effort compared to some of my go-to recipes. Ok, not that much effort because this is still a lazy girl posting. And true to my "lazy" self, this recipe was one I took from a magazine a few years ago and am just now getting around to trying. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!
Stuffed Round Zucchini
- First wash three or four round zucchini. Peel them to alternate the green peel with the light green flesh underneath. Cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool till you can handle them.
- Carefully cut the top of the zucchinito create a little hat for the presentation afterwards. You don't need to cook the hat a second time.
- Scoop out the zucchiniflesh and separate out any seeds. Dice the zucchiniflesh.
- Meanwhile sauté the meat of your choice, ground beef, turkey or sausage with shallots/onions, cherry tomatoes, according to your heart's desire.
- Mix the meat mixture with the diced zucchiniin the frying pan for a minute or two.
- You can add some cream or tomato sauce or a soft cheese to the meat mixture and top with mozarella or grated cheese.
- Cook the stuffed zucchini in a pan in an oven preheated to 180°C or about 325°F. Serve with rice or pasta. Enjoy!