1. I’m borderline OCD about some things. I have a tendency to position my feet within squares on tile floors, not on the lines.
2. I love that moment as you’re falling asleep when you’re in between consciousness and wakefulness. You can feel that you no longer control your thoughts but you’re not yet dreaming.
3. I love baking (if the recipe’s not too complicated), and for someone with a sweet tooth it’s great to be able to make a cake that you’re craving.
4. I’d go crazy if I couldn’t talk to myself. I have long monologues in English or French talking out my problems or imagining someone’s interviewing me.
5. My ideal day would be out in the fresh air in the English countryside, going back inside my floral-print decorated cottage to do some baking (see number 3). Or staying inside said cottage on a rainy day.
6. When I was a kid I had a crush on Dudley Moore and later the lead singer of Duran Duran. The video for Hungry Like a Wolf still does something to me.
7. I could probably eat plain rice or pasta every day.
8. I would have loved to be the person who makes announcements in airports. Maybe it’s still an option for me…
9. I often have the urge to dance in metros or waiting rooms when a good song comes on. And I wish everyone else would start dancing in choreographed moves with me.
10. I love the sound of a good thunderstorm when I’m inside.
11. I would like to and probably need to go on a make-over show.
12. When I was about 14 I seriously regressed and wanted to be 4 again. I even started watching Sesame Street again. I still have my Elmo doll from that period (the adolescent period, that is).
13. My pet peeve is when people mispronounce my name. But I know it’s tough to pronounce and even more so for the French. So if you’ve been saying it the wrong way (like that city in Italy), I won’t hold it against you. But for the record it rhymes with asylum, which is where I probably belong on most days. And I’m very proud of having a unique name all the same.
14. I probably visit the doctor too much. Three visits last week but one was to the dermatologist for my scalp, and the third back to my GP when this cold just kept bugging me and baby kept tugging on her ear. Turns out the latter is her new way to say she’s sleepy, according to the sitter.
15. Clutter stresses me, but you wouldn’t know it to visit my apartment. Same for a sink of dirty dishes, though again I let it accumulate. Sometimes I have to make that frustrated scream sound at all this mess. Then I go on the Internet and forget about it.
16. I’m addicted to Vicks Vaporub. Always have a tub on my night stand and often use it when I’m just having trouble falling asleep. It opens my airways and lets me relax a bit.
17. I’ve never been drunk. I just don’t like the idea of vomiting and losing total control of myself. I don’t even like hearing about other people getting to that point.
18. I love the smell of clean laundry and it takes me a long time to choose my new fabric softener scent.
19. I’d much rather spend a Saturday night on the couch chilling with my hubby than clubbing. Too bad he doesn’t always agree with me.
20. I think all men look good in blue, no matter what their coloring.
21. I’m really a shy person but I thrive on communication. I love to start up conversations with people in the grocery store.
22. I’m always in search of the perfect under eye cream or night repair cream. I’m also becoming a bit obsessed with looking at other women’s forehead wrinkles.
23. Sentimental TV movies make me cry. Just the sappy music makes me cry.
24. I’m horrible at filing my own paperwork. I let the old bank statements pile up for months until there’s no room to store them in the “in-box” on the bookshelf.
25. I’m addicted to the Internet, but I think you knew that. When I’m feeling down about something, the need to check my email is overwhelming.