Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's 5 a.m. and I'm awake

Haven't been able to get back to sleep since about 4 so I finally decided to just get up. Drank some lukewarm coffee milk and looked online on how to repair my aging printer. Or at least convince the dang thing there is no paper jam despite the messages it keeps sending me. The silly thing pulled this on me when I was trying to print out my report about my internship two weeks ago and hasn't worked since. Still no look on the HP site, but I'm holding out hope.

Now it's on to some blog updating. And if I have time I'll get those pork sausage meatballs in the crock pot. I might just be turning into my mother (who gets up at 4:44 exactly, people!). I think I might be starting to understand why she coveted her morning time when we chillin's were still snug in bed...

Spent two days of my three-day weekend at the in-laws since their business is open all the time in the spring. Gave us a chance to spend a bit more time with busy Remi and me to catch up on the weed-infested garden. While Juju napped (thank heavens she still does) I weeded and was pretty much up to my eyeballs in stinging nettles and thistles. It's starting to resemble a garden again and we can actually see the real plants. I've still got lots of cleaning to do and hope to replant some more perennials that will be low-maintenance.

And took advantage of the great weather to snap some shots of Juliette (biker girl) around the greenhouse in bloom. I was astounded when I looked at the pics to see how much she resembles her papa when he was a toddler. See for yourself.


























Or here:





But she is, after all, her own little person.

I'm hoping she's got a little something of me!

So I've just wrestled with the cat who was scratching at the living room door trying to wake up the rest of the house. I won the battle and he's now purring in my lap and keeping his claws nicely sheathed in. 6:08. I guess that's my cue to get moving. Good morning, everybody.

4 comments:

Jenenz said...

5a.m. is a good time to get stuff done and to enjoy some alone time. I do cherish those times when I have a chunk of time just for me.

Thanks for sharing the photos of Juju and Remi. Brought a smile to my face.

Lindle said...

Well, I think she is MUCH prettier than Remi, but I do see some of that same stubbornness and determination in the set of her jaw. Yes, I see YOU too!
It's wonderful to know she is getting to grow up around flowers. Her childhood memories will be full of color and natural perfumes.

Pre-dawn is such a quiet time tingling with anticipation of the new day. I find it a very reflective time--once the coffee hits the bloodstream. Okay, so I DO get up at 4:44. If you have a digital clock, the numerals all lined up look like little people waving hello to you.
Sounds like you got a lot done too!

Anonymous said...

OMG - those photos of Remi are soooo cute! (uurm, does he know you put those up?! hehe) and yes, they look very alike. Don't worry, you're in there too! I bet she'll look more and more like you as she grows (I know I've morphed into my mum!)

xxx

Mil said...

No, Emmy, he doesn't know. How much do I need to pay you not to tell him?! But anyway, he was a cutie pie so he shouldn't be offended.